Applications are open
Your workplace can apply for a ‘Sustainable Travel Grant’ to help implement measures that increase travel to your organisation by active and sustainable modes.
The grants are available to businesses who can demonstrate how they can encourage their workforce to make positive changes to their travel behaviour.
The grants up to the value of £1,000 will support plans that are in place to encourage more people in Milton Keynes to walk, cycle, scoot or use public transport, building on the rise of public participation in greener, people-powered journeys.
Funding will be directed towards schemes which
- Support and encourage use of active modes which deliver health and well-being benefits.
- Support and encourage travel patterns which minimise CO2 emissions and other pollutant emissions.
- Ensure the safety of all travellers.
Schemes that will be eligible for funding
- Promotional events/campaigns.
- New or improvements to cycle parking; facilities; showers; lockers.
- On-site parking management.
- Provision of pool bikes.
- Wayfinding and improvements to pedestrian/cycling access.
- Implementation of car sharing scheme and/or bays.
- Installation of EV charging points.
- Organisations can apply to be awarded a sustainable travel grant of a maximum £1,000.
- Organisations must commit to 50% match funding as a minimum.
- Organisations will agree to monitor the impact and benefits of the scheme by providing baseline data and surveys.
- An Organisation must be registered on the Modeshift STARS for Business platform, and as a minimum, have completed the Site Audit section and staff travel survey.
- The awarded Organisation should commit to have achieved a minimum of Green Modeshift STARS accreditation within 6-months of receiving their grant. (This means that they will have developed a Travel Plan and are committed to delivering action to further promote active and sustainable travel to and from their site.)
- Complete application, include details of proposed scheme, including quotations and match funding.
- Milton Keynes Council assesses applications monthly.
- Notification of successful applications.
- Applicant agrees to criteria and registers for Modeshift STARS.
- Applicant completes staff travel survey to capture baseline data and completes Site Audit.
Good luck with your application, if you have any queries about the scheme contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.