Milton Keynes Council Transport Policy Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice for Transport Policy needs to be read in conjunction with Milton Keynes’s Corporate Privacy Notice. For more information about that – click here: www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/privacy
Everything we do with information about people, such as how we collect it and who we share it with, has to comply with Data Protection. A key part of this is being open about how we use information and what rights you have in respect of information we hold about you.
The Transport Policy Team for Milton Keynes Council is committed to preserving your privacy. If anything in this notice is not clear, or if you have further queries, please get in contact with the Data Protection Officer using the details at the end.
How we may collect information
This privacy notice explains why we obtain, store and process data that can identify you and describes our practices in connection with information that we collect.
We obtain information about you when you use our website or services we offer, including but not limited to;
- When you contact us about a service or have an enquiry,
- If you register to receive further information about our services
- If you register to use one of our services
- When we engage with you through any of our social media platforms
- When we meet you in person or
- Correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information held about you:
In order to provide services, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. The information held will vary and depend on the nature of the services ‘used’.
Examples of when we collect personal information are:
- Cycle Training (Bikeability)
- Via the Get Around MK website and Transport App
- Rental of cycle lockers and facilities
- Rental of eCargo Bikes
- Travel surveys, such as Travel Plans, Modeshift STARs
- Through behaviour change initiatives such as Love to Ride, Better Points
- Card payments for services, such as cycle training, cycle lockers and facilities, eCargo bikes
- Bike registration
- Through projects such as Access to Bikes Scheme, eBike Experience Project, Grants for schools and workplaces
This information may include:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, telephone number, email address, medications or allergies
- Contact we have had with you, such as any emails or letters
- Direct debit details, if you pay for an ongoing service
- Images of you whilst at an event, ride or during cycle training
- Information around the way that you travel
Why do we gather this information?
All the information we gather about you is for a legitimate reason. It helps us to serve and engage with you regarding opportunities that may be of benefit or interest to you.
We collect anonymous information on behalf of the Bikeability Trust in accordance with grant conditions set by the Department for Transport to ensure cycle training is delivered to everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age and ability.
If you join the MK Move Ticketing Scheme we require certain personal data in order to manage the service for you and provide support. This includes name, address and date of birth for identification. You can register via the website and see what information we hold for you and update it yourself at any time.
Access to your personal information
Under GDPR, the data subject has the right to access and amend any of their personal data that you hold.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer at email@example.com
Should you wish to have your details removed from the system for the MK Move Ticketing Scheme we will require the return of your card and you will be removed from the ticketing scheme.
Who is processing my data and how will we use the information we hold about you?
|Data Controller||How will your information be used?|
|Milton Keynes Council||
|Fully Charged Silverstone||
Who else has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Although through the normal course of business it may be necessary or beneficial to you that we introduce you to third parties, we would never give your details to a third party without your prior consent.
- In the normal course of business we would share your details without asking for your consent with internal Milton Keynes Council departments if we felt this was either beneficial to you, required to provide a service, or would improve the delivery of our services.
- For the MK Move Ticketing Scheme, When you register online you will be asked to opt in if you want to hear from us or other operators in the scheme regarding offers and updates.
- When you register for the MK Move Ticketing Scheme, scheme you will need to opt in for terms and conditions and scheme updates. This relates only to the operation of the scheme.
- For the MK Move Ticketing Scheme, there will be a separate opt in for marketing. The Marketing opt in will allow information to be shared among Milton Keynes council and operators within the scheme, however in the ‘preferences’ you will be able to select specific operators and the Council to determine exactly who can contact you with offers and information.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep information for as long as it is needed. This will be based on either a legal requirement (where a law says we have to keep information for a specific period of time) or accepted business practice, this is generally 6 years. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
How we store your information
We place great importance on the security of all information provided to us.
Information that is held by Milton Keynes Council is held securely on our own servers which are also compliant with IT security requirements.
There are no cookies collected on the Get Around MK Transport App
A different cookie is used for each website, and visitors are not tracked across multiple sites. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information may then be used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Milton Keynes Get Around MK. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Analytics in place for the Get Around MK Transport App will be sent from Apple and Google and will only detail how many individuals have downloaded the App. There are no analytics in place to show usage or how the App is used.
What rights you have
You have various rights around the data we hold about you.
- Right of access (to receive a copy of your personal data)
- Right to rectification (to request data is corrected inaccurate)
- Right to erasure (to request that data is deleted)
- Right to restrict processing (to request we don’t use your data in a certain way)
- Right to data portability (in some cases, you can ask to receive a copy of your data in a commonly-used electronic format so that it can be given to someone else)
- Right to object (generally to make a complaint about any aspect of our use of your data)
- Right to have explained if there will be any automated decision-making, including profiling, based on your data and for the logic behind this to be explained to you.
Any such request can be submitted to the Data Protection Officer. Whether we can agree to your request will depend on the specific circumstances and if we cannot then we will explain the reasons why.
If we are processing your information based on you giving us your explicit consent to do so, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Doing so may mean we are unable to provide the service you are hoping to receive and the implications of you giving or withdrawing your consent will be explained at the time.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of how your information has been collected and/or used, you can make a complaint to our Data Protection Officer. You can also report concerns to the national regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their details can be found on their website:
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
Tel: 01908 691691
Post: Data Protection, Milton Keynes Council, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HS