A fun, free competition to get more people on bikes.
Get involved and take part in Cycle September – a fun, global competition to help more people realise the benefits of riding a bike.
There’s lots on offer in Milton Keynes to help you Get Cycling, explore our cultural routes, take on the 12 mile circular Millennium Route, sign up to one of the councils cycle training courses and log your rides in September. You will earn points simply by riding and encouraging others to ride too. Ride anywhere, anytime – to the shops, to work or even a quick 10 minute spin around your local park – to earn points and enter the draw for AMAZING prizes!
You can take part in Cycle September by following 3 easy steps:
- Register at www.lovetoride.net/miltonkeynes
- Join your company or invite your workplace to register (you can join or register a group or ride solo too!)
- Log rides manually in September or connect your favourite cycling app (Strava, MapMyRide or Endomondo). Your rides will be recorded automatically and will sync your last 30 days of riding!
- Everyone can join in, you can take part as an individual, with your workplace and with your cycling club or social cycling group.
- You can compete on local, national and global leaderboards to see who can earn the most points.
- Points are earned for every mile and day you ride plus every person you encourage
There are a number of prizes being given away during Cycle September for those living and riding in Milton Keynes:
Participants who have cycled during that day will be entered a prize draw to win a Get Around MK T-shirt.
Random Weekly Draw
Once a week everyone that has ridden on that day will be entered into a prize draw to win 2 cinema tickets.
By encouraging other people to ride you could win! At the end of every week if you have encouraged someone to ride you will be entered into a draw to win a £50 wiggle voucher.
Best Family Photo
Why not explore Milton Keynes as a family – explore the five cultural routes or our millennium route? Send in a family selfie and be in with the chance of winning. 1st prize is a £100 gift voucher for Willen Lake Activities and 2nd prize is a day’s hire at one of Rutland Cycle’s venues!
Why not show us your favourite route, outfit or place in MK! Send in a selfie of you whilst out riding and be in with the chance of winning AfterShokz (cycle friendly) headphones!
Send in photo to email@example.com
Cycle Challenges throughout the year
Cycle September is just one of the cycle challenges taking place in MK every year. As well as logging your trips and miles on a regular basis and setting your own cycling goals, you can take park in Ride It Out Week, Bike Month, and Winter Wheelers.
Not convinced? Read this short post to find out how riding to work can make you happier, healthier and wealthier!